Saturday, January 06, 2007

HDTV

The nice folks from Best Buy (actually Magnolia their installation division) came and spent some three hours setting up my new TV, and hooking up the DVD player, the a tuner, VCR (yes I still have a VCR and even use it sometimes), the CD player and the new speakers.

They tested everything and it all works fine.

I now have a small pile of remotes, some have overlapping functions, some have unique functions, some control multiple devices and some control only one device. It is confusing for now.

One thing that bothers me. The wall where I have my chair, now and later as well, has no direct lighting, and that makes it very difficult for me to see the legend on the buttons. It is almost as if I have to use braille to find the right one. It looks as if I will have to buy a lamp for that area.

This new service has lots of options, some of which I suspect are for a trial period only, such as HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ and CINEMAX on demand services. It would be great if they weren't but I have to wait until Monday to find out. - They are closed on the weekends.

I purchased a pair of book cases yesterday - they sort of match the TV stand, Black metal with glass shelves. They will be delivered on Monday.

I think I will be getting another similar unit for holding all the remotes. Right now they sit on the couch next to me, but... the couch is going out with the salvager on Tuesday, so I need something to hold the remotes, other than my lap.

Last night I finally hooked up my Birthday gift from my daughter Jessie and her family. She
got me one of those motorized massaging pads for my chair. It has upper and lower back massaging motors and a pair of massaging motors for the thighs - it is also heated. Talk about relaxing -NICE!!!!

It is Saturday morning and I have the first shift on the phones at the office. Not that the phones have been busy, but someone has to answer them, and we have no weekend receptionist, so the agents take turns - they call it opportunity time. That is, you get all the business that walks, in or calls in during your shift. Normally I would bring in the crossword puzzle from the Sunday Post (usually delivered on Saturday morning) but for some strange reason, this week they omitted the magazine sections (which has the puzzle.) Now I have to find something else to occupy my time.

Today and tomorrow the auctions on the items I have listed on eBay end. So far 9 of fifteen items have bids, and three more may sell as well - the easy part is packing it all up for shipment

No comments: