Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy St. Valentine's Day

For those of you out there who are still deeply and romantically in love, for I wish you luck and success. To all the card shops, Jewelry stores and candy and pastry makers out there I hope you did well.

Those who are working on finding deep romantic love they tell me eHarmony.com works pretty well, as does AdultFriendFinders.com. Then of course there are Churches, community centers, and the local bars, taverns, pubs, and other singles hangouts.

Whatever floats your boat, as the saying goes.

The weather people, for the first time in a long time were right!! Late last night and into this morning a combination of rain, sleet, snow, and hail, fell. There is a blanket of white stuff in my driveway that nothing seems to want to break through. It is hard as a rock. I spread de-icing salt all over it and so far nothing much has happened.

My home is situated on the street in such a way that doesn't allow much sun on the front part of the house, and thus on the driveway. My house and my immediate neighbors are always the last to have snow piles on the lawns.

This stuff is heavy, and hard. I weigh over 240 pounds (yeah I know, "weigh" too much) and I could walk on top of the white stuff without breaking through the crust. I tried shoveling with my regular snow shovel, and couldn't break through. I even tried a square-nosed garden spade and even that wouldn't break the ice layers

A young man (it could have also been a young woman) asked if he/she could shovel my driveway for $5. I told him/her thank you, but no thank you. I didn't want him/her to get hurt trying to lift all that very heavy stuff, even though $5 was a very reasonable price.

The office was closed yesterday, and today, and probably tomorrow. They are not predicting any more precipitation, but they are predicting extreme cold which means everything already down will freeze solid. Fortunately all our utility lines are buried so we have no problems in that area.

I don't invite comments on this BLOG but anyone is welcome to submitted them. I received one a few days ago from "anonymous" Anyone who is too ashamed or embarrassed to attach their name to a comment doesn't deserve to be published or even acknowledged other than to say next time sign it with your name.

No comments: