Monday, February 19, 2007

warm spell

I guess the cold weather couldn't last forever. Saturday it was 16 degrees, yesterday it warmed up to 28 and today it was a balmy 35 degrees - almost tropical. Of course the ice mound at the end of my driveway is still there, but hey you can't have everything.

Maybe I will venture out tomorrow

Tomorrow is my Son Mica and Daughter-in-law Misun's first anniversary. Being one to plan ahead I tried to send a gift certificate to them. Naturally it wouldn't go through, no explanation, no way to ask questions, just a terse message saying can't do that now, try again later. Modern technology - ain't it wonderful.

The world is getting a bit bigger and smaller at the same time, the business world that is, entertainment section. Seems that Cingular, which gobbled up AT&T a year or so ago has started calling themselves the new AT&T. No explanation, just new advertising. I wonder if that is a ploy to get former AT&T customers back?

I saw on the news this morning that XM radio and Sirius radio are merging putting Howard Stern and Oprah Winfrey under the same corporate umbrella. Talk about strange bedfellows. My daughter Hillary and her husband Bruce have one or the other of those services - I wonder how it will affect them?

No comments: