Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Splurging on a new TV and a security check

After weeks and months of agonizing research and deliberation, and just as much time trying to evaluate all the options available to me, I finally bit the bullet and went out and bought a new TV

I selected, a Samsung, 42 inch Plasma HDTV, a set of Bose speakers, and a Black wood and glass TV stand. It is hard to make decisions between one and another of the TVs, but looking at LCD and Plasma side by side, and then looking at 37 inch side by side with a 42 inch helped finalize my decision.

They will deliver all the stuff next Thursday and set it all up (connect the wires). Actually the set up was an additional $400, but they reduced the price of the TV by the same amount so delivery and set up was essentially free.

I can't wait to see it all in action.

I also purchased a valance for the window in my bedroom, not so much for looks but in the morning the sun shines over the roof of the building right behind me, right into my eyes, and I hate waking up that early.

I called my eye doctor because I lost the appointment card and it turns out my appointment is actually this Thursday, so I won't have to reschedule.

When I got home, and as I was reading the mail I got a phone call from some young lady identifying herself as being with Discover Card. Seems they were checking because there was some unusual activity on my card, a purchase at the post office, a purchase at Bed Bath and Beyond (neither one very unusual for me) and n almost $2400 charge at Best Buy (which is very unusual)

It was nice to know that they watch things that carefully and were able to call to verify the charge within two hours of my making the purchase - gives me a warm feeling inside.

No comments: