Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Cabin Fever

Starting on Sunday, the weather people started to predict dire things for our weather future. - early this morning (4 AM or so) it started to materialize. First there was a light dusting of snow, which stopped before it could lay down much in the way of white stuff. Then it started with the off and on ran/sleet/Ice combination which makes commuting a bear and even staying at home no picnic. Granted it is warmer indoors than it is out doors, but it is damp outside, an that dampness seeps inside and regardless how high the thermostat setting is set, it still feels uncomfortable.

It was real tough to get out of bed this morning. I was all toasty warm and snug, but I somehow just couldn't justify staying under the covers with the daylight streaming through the window. I have to say however that today's technology makes keeping warm easier than ever. I have a set of flannel sheets and pillowcases on the bed. Over that there are two very light-weight microfiber blankets which are really good at keeping me warm (holding in the heat)

The only problem with them is that I am used to sleeping with something heavier on me, like a down comforter, and these are way lighter. I assume I will get used to their light weight over time.

With my new HDTV service I find so many more stations to watch that I cut down my Netflix subscription from three at a time to one at a time. If things keep up they way they have, I may eliminate it all together. It was great while I had it, but as the saying goes, things change. If they change again I can always resubscribe

No comments: