Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Time sense

Some days everything seems normal and other days everything seems to have gone to hell in a hand basket.

My son and daughter-in-law's anniversary is the 27th of this month, and my daughter-in-law's Birthday is? Well technically since she was born on the 29th her birthday is several years off, but in reality she will celebrate on the 28th. So... looking at my calendar I fired off birthday and anniversary gifts to them late Monday night so the gifts would get there on time.

I am also scheduled for a federal tax audit on the first of March, so I was distracted by that as well, rushing to get all my records together for that as well.

So here I am finally getting to sleep, withing all the records in a box and the gifts on their way, and as I was listening to the radio the announcer was talking about some even happening "tomorrow, February 20th." That woke me up fast.

Somewhere along the line my mental calendar cursor slipped a week. All that rushing around for naught

Now you ask, how could I have missed all the date references in the news and in the numerous TV ads? But with my mind focused on the audit I guess I missed it all.

Now I have a week to relax before the audit, and my son's gifts are already there.

On a lighter note, and warmer note, three days ago it was below freezing and we seemed headed to a new ice age. Today it is fifty degrees and all that ice that I couldn't chip through to save my life is melting faster and faster

No comments: