Thursday, January 04, 2007

One step more

They are coming to install my new HDTV today. I can't wait. In preparation I put up the art work which finally came back on Tuesday. When I got it all back, I had to decide where to put it. The first time up it went up around furniture and other things. Now the walls are bare, and they will probably stay that way. I expect to keep the place much more spartan than before. No reason other than that it is more comfortable that way.

My items on eBay are doing well. Five have bids which means they are sold, several other have watchers. My auctions end tomorrow so hopefully I will have some packing and shipping to do.

One, the biggest one was removed by eBay. I had listed a package called Rosetta Stone Spanish (Latin America) Levels 1 & 2. This was an expensive package, costing me over $380.00 new. I bought it, but could never quite get into it so I decided to sell it.

I asked $250 as a starting price and had ten people watching it. Then apparently the folks who produce the package saw it and complained to eBay and they (eBay) took it down and notified the watchers that it was being removed. Not nice. I have sold tons of used software on eBay, and never had any problems. This is the first time an item has been removed for "intellectual property infringement."

I am having second thoughts about taking that cruise this spring. For those who don't know about it, my cousins are going on a 15-day "repositioning" cruise on the Norwegian Cruise Lines Jewel. It is a free style cruise that leaves from Miami, crosses the Atlantic, lands in Portugal (1-day) goes on to Rome and Naples (one day each), the cruises to Crete (one day there) and then on to the final port of call Athens. They then fly us home (I assume to Miami)

I had planned to go along with them, even put down a deposit, but with the flood and all, I really don't have my heart in it. More and more I think I am going to cancel. Besides I will be going alone, and they haven't found anyone to share my cabin, and its cost so I would have to pay for a double cabin as well. It seemed like a great idea back last summer when they proposed it but now as we get closer it has lost most of its appeal.

I don't gamble, I don't drink, I will be alone (yes, my cousins and brother will be there but that is not the same thing) and for the most part it will be non-stop eating, which is something I definitely don't need.

No comments: